Thursday, January 1, 2015

Merry Thanksgiving from Kitty and Squeaks :)

First things first! 
Happy birthday to my best friend and my bae, my other half, the one I share my fourth a brain with.... Vanilla Spice! Welcome to the adult world where they no longer add "teen" on to the end of your age. It's all downhill from here. Might as well just check yourself into an old folks home right now, honey ;) 
Just kidding. I seriously love you! Happy birthday! Sorry I can't be there with you to snuggle you and cook you bacon but just know that I will be sending you warm fuzzy thoughts all week this week. You're my greatest Thanksgiving blessing  (shhh, don't tell the others...) 

This week was so fun. It was a little boring toward the end there because Hermana Landa and I both got really sick and so the missionary work was pretty rough. But we had a funny experience on Saturday. 
So Hermana Landa is a crazy cat lady and she just loves cats. So she changed our text alert so that it would meow every time we got a text. Well, on Saturday we were in the library updating our progress record for our meeting on Sunday morning and there's this black guy sitting at the computer right between us. So I'm on the left, then there's this black guy to my right, and then Hermana Landa. 
Anyway. So she forgot to turn the sound on the phone off, and it goes off in the middle of the library. "Meow."
The guys eyes just about bugged out of his head as she reaches down into her purse. When she pulls out the phone instead of a cat, he just busts out laughing. 
A few minutes later, I sneeze. I've just got this tiny little sneeze that sounds like a mouse and so the guy just like starts laughing all over again. "You girls are trouble." he tells us. We all laugh together. 
A few minutes later, he gets up to leave, kind of chuckling and shaking his heads. "I'm never gonna forget you ladies. Kitty and squeaks." he nicknamed us. 
His parting words of wisdom were, "Never change." 
Hahaha it was the funniest thing. The guy just couldn't handle how awesome we were. ;) 

Greg was baptized this week! He wasn't our investigator, but he's our friend. His baptism was amazing. Everything went really well. His parents even came, although they're not members and don't want to take the lessons or anything. It was so sweet. 
His girlfriend and her family came as well. There was also a pretty good turn out from the ward. Our zone leaders were there, and the hershey elders from our district came, too. It was great! 
Greg asked me to play the hymns and stuff. We were lucky because we have a player piano and so they didn't have to suffer through me trying to pick out the notes. But I was doing prelude and stuff because I thought it would only be for a few minutes. But the elders were running late and so I actually ended up playing for about 15 to 20 minutes. It wouldn't have been that bad except for the fact that I only know 3 hymns and I wasn't smart enough to turn on the player piano and just do prelude that way... so I just kind of struggled through and played the same 3 hymns several times over. By the third round or so, people were starting to catch on and laugh at me. It was really funny and embarrassing. I need to learn some more songs on the piano... 
But Greg still said thank you anyway. He's so cool! 

He was confirmed in sacrament meeting yesterday. It's been so cool because the last 2 confirmations that we've had, we have had a baby blessing right before it. Both times. So that was really cool.
Sebastian was also able to bless the sacrament for the first time yesterday. It was so tender. I just kind of welled up. He is doing so well. He messed up a couple of times giving the prayer, but it was all okay. When he came back down to sit by us after sacrament, he leaned over and whispered to me, "I love the sacrament."
It was the coolest. 

We had another really cool experience this week. We had a member present lesson all set up with one of our progressing investigators - Mario. He's so cool. We were going to discuss moving his baptism date. We get there, sit down, start asking him how he's been. For some reason I was not only struggling really hard to form sentences, but I also couldn't understand ANYTHING he was telling us. It was so frustrating! Especially since that's not normal at all. Usually I am able to communicate so well! But something just wasn't working out. Luckily, I thought, we had our member there and he was just kind of translating everything. I was still frustrated, though. Then, while we were saying the opening prayer, it hit me! He had said that his daughter wasn't home because his grandson was in the hospital! There was no woman in the house! WE WERE BREAKING A RULE!! D: So when we finished the prayer, I apologized, explained why we couldn't stay, we set a return appointment and left. I felt so bad! But while we were driving home, I realized... 
I couldn't understand anything he said because (even though it was unintentional) we were breaking a rule! We were being disobedient, and the Lord could not bless us with the gift of tongues because we were not following the rules! Even though we didn't realize at first! 
It was just SUCH a testimony builder to me to see how much the Lord actually does for us in our lives. How much having the spirit there really does affect the lesson. It's so easy to take for granted, I think. Especially as a missionary where it's something that you just kind of... get used to having, I guess. It was such a beautiful reminder to me that the Lord does so much for us in this work, and how weak I really am without him. It was a great experience! 

We're still working really hard! The weather in PA is pretty bipolar. One day it will be 14 degrees and biting cold and windy... the next day it will be 50 and humid and rainy and warm. What's up with that? 

Anyway! I'm so excited for this Thanksgiving week. I am sad to be away from home and missing all of you guys but I also know that I'm in the right place right now and that makes me really happy! I have so many things to be grateful for in my life and we are lucky to have a chance this week to try and count all of our blessing. I challenge all of you to try it out! Bet you can't name them all! 
I'm so grateful for the gift of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him so much and I am trying every day to become like Him; to show others His love for them through my actions. I am so happy and blessed to have this opportunity to be His representative. It is so incredible! I love each of you. Thank you for your support. Seriously! I mean it! :) 

I wish I had more to write but those are the highlights from my week this week and plus I'm out of time on the computer. Hopefully will have some awesome stories to share with you next week! 

LOVE YOU ALL! 

-Hermana Bills 

No comments:

Post a Comment